Position Summary – Account Executive
Account executives act as a liaison between the company and its clients. They serve as the lead point of contact for clients and internal company teams, usually coordinating and interacting with them every day. The role includes planning and coordination of account activities, generating sales opportunities, and regular reporting of accounts’ status. In addition to nurturing the existing accounts, they also explore and create unexploited opportunities.
Their responsibilities also include discovering client’s business needs and proposing appropriate solutions; tracking and coordinating all account related activities; clients communications and conflict resolution; analysing marketing trends and predictions; researching market conditions to develop sales goals and marketing strategies; developing promotional communication channels to introduce and promote the products and services in potential markets; negotiating and closing contracts; maintaining excellent client relationships to retain existing customers; and evaluating the financial aspects of business development.
Account Executives work directly with one or more delegates of the client company. They are responsible to produce successful campaigns for clients where they need to work with account planners to analyse the clients brief and the chosen budget; carry out regular meetings to discuss the advertising needs; and meet deadlines for specific tasks with the clients. They are often responsible for client acquisition, client servicing, managing day-to-day affairs, and ensuring customer satisfaction.
In all sectors whether its advertising, marketing, information technology, fashion agencies, public relations, pharmaceutical company, financial firm, or any other company- Account Executives need intense understanding of a client company’s objectives and products, and a professional capability to provide effective advice towards creation of successful promotional activities and strategies. In some companies, Account Executive is a senior management position, responsible for executing large contracts and P&L. Successful Account Executives have high level of intellectual curiosity to identify gaps and growth potential.
Tips To Write CV For The Position
Below are some tips for writing a CV of Account Executive
- Write a summary statement that clearly communicates your goals and qualifications. Be sure to reference the job description and highlight any skills, awards and certifications that match with the requirements. Give 1-2 numeric achievements and required key skills that you possess.
A passionate and self-motivated Account Executive with 10 years of extensive experience in developing successful campaigns and fostering long lasting relationships with clients. Possess strong decision-making and management skills with a track record of effectively serving clients and achieving 100% customer satisfaction.
Emphasize on essential points in Work Experience
- Sharing numbers in your achievements exhibits that you are capable of achieving targets. Use the highlights from your work experience as evidence to explain why you should be hired and how the hiring company will benefit by giving you the opportunity.
- The ability to build, maintain and foster healthy, effective and profitable relations with new and existing clients is crucial for this role. Include if you have brought in new client accounts or repeated business from existing clients, you may support your statement by sharing numbers. For Example- Generated 70% growth in sales volume by developing strong relationships with clients.
- Give instances when you analysed a situation, provided solutions by evaluating the best course of action as well as assessed the efficiency of implementation, and effectiveness of the solutions.
- Include details about how you used your negotiation skills for closing deals with vendors or finalised the price of a product.
- Highlight information and data where the company has made money or been benefitted because of the decisions you made using logic or intuition in critical situations.
- Emphasize on your high performance and deep dives into the competitive marketplace and client companies to identify opportunities; develop, present and negotiate proposals; and manage delivery of integrated campaigns.
ABC Group, Hong Kong
Account Executive, August, 2016 – January, 2019
LMN Media, Hong Kong
Account Executive, May, 2011 – July, 2016
DEF Consulting Services, Hong Kong
Account Executive, January, 2009 – April, 2011
- The key skills required for this role are excellent communication and motivational skills; ability to work independently, prioritize tasks and multitasking; good understanding of Business processes and budget restrains; negotiation; problem solving; decision making; team work; detail oriented; and organizational skills, in addition to the ability to perform well under pressure.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and CRM software with the ability to use digital platforms to create processes with technology, are some of the important software skills to perform well in the role.
Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio) and CRM platforms
- Individuals need to have at least a bachelor’s degree in business administration, advertising, journalism or marketing to begin a career in this field. Some larger corporates may prefer applicants with a Master of Business Administration (MBA).
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
City University, Hong Kong